Three short days ago I was expecting to write a post full of lame excuses about why I didn't get my May project done......
Then a whiny inner voice got the better of me, and I got to work on it!
The top was already done in 2012, so I don't know why I had such a hard time getting this little quilt finished.. It is made with vintage striped sheets, a few solids, and is a disappearing 9 patch pattern.
I had this cotton/poly sheet purchased quite a while ago for another project, I think. So, I washed it and used it as the backing.
The leaves inspired the quilting, and I remember seeing a FMQ pattern somewhere on a blog, and stored it in my tiny brain!
I used my favourite Aurifil thread #2021 in the 50wt.
I really like the kind of squared off flower petals too. This is definitely one I will use again.
I wish I could remember where I saw it, to give credit...I really should write that stuff down!
I can lead you to some FMQ tutorials from Lori Kennedy @ The Inbox Jaunt..... seriously, she has some amazing, detailed, and fun tutorials.Go check them out! the turtle!!!!
After squaring it up, I decided to try the rounded corner approach for the binding. I did cut the binding on the bias, which takes no longer than regular cutting.
No mitered corners is a really nice change!
I don't know what the fabric is, just something taking up space in my much too cluttered stash! It definitely has a vintage look to it, so it seemed appropriate for this quilt.
So, here it is all finished, and I must admit, looking kinda pretty!
I think I like it after all!
And, of course, the obligatory cat on quilt photo!
I don't know why it is always Kissa and not Sheriti, but she is very photogenic!
Well, that's it for today.
I have to start thinking about my June goal!