Thursday, December 29, 2011

testing...testing.....

Yesterday, as I was catching up with my blog reading, I came across a block swap.......
this is a block I have been wanting to do for a while now, and if fact had already saved the tutorial.
So, today I did a test block....
Very easy block to do......
however, it is supposed to be 8" unfinished, and mine came up just shy of the 8".
So, I guess I'll keep this one and be sure to use a scant 1/4 inch when I start again.
It could also be my pressing.....I'm pressing seams open to reduce the bulk.....not my favourite method...I'm more of a side pressing kinda gal!... so I may need more practice.
I like the block and I hope I am going to be able to make them "scrappy" enough and not too "matchy"!!!!

3 comments:

Toni said...

Great block, Patti! I'm having issues getting them to be 8", too. And I'm already using what I consider a scant 1/4". Maybe I'll just have to be a little more generous in my cutting...

Issabella The Cat said...

I had big problems making these 8" as well when I used my 1/4 foot, it is a super dooper scant 1/4 seam!

Lori said...

That is a great block! I might have to give it a try! I love the colors you used. I am on a big grey kick right now.

3 comments:

Toni said...

Great block, Patti! I'm having issues getting them to be 8", too. And I'm already using what I consider a scant 1/4". Maybe I'll just have to be a little more generous in my cutting...

Issabella The Cat said...

I had big problems making these 8" as well when I used my 1/4 foot, it is a super dooper scant 1/4 seam!

Lori said...

That is a great block! I might have to give it a try! I love the colors you used. I am on a big grey kick right now.