Monday, July 08, 2013

Patchwork, Please! - placemat

I seem to be falling behind in the Zakka Along 2.0 projects!
One a week is a bit much for me, but I did manage to get the placemat done, and only a day late!

 I used Essex linen in Steel, and fussy cut some pieces of lovely Melody Miller for the patchwork.
The back/binding is a Riley Blake fabric from My Mind's Eye.
I used some lace instead of ric rac for the patchwork edging.
For the first time, I tried Elmer's School glue and WOW, it is fantastic!!
Fun and pretty easy project to do.
Definitely something I would do again.
Time to catch up on the tea cozy from 2 weeks ago!!


10 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Looks good!
I just joined my very first QAL (Happy Quilting with Melissa). So we will soon see if I can keep up!!

Erica said...

This is really cute, I love the lace!

Karen said...

This looks very pretty and a fabulous picture :)

Carla said...

It's very pretty. Lovely finish.

Heather D. said...

Very nice Patti. Love the Melody Miller bits.

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

That's beautiful!
Carol

Karen said...

A lovely place mat and I am quite taken by the china in your display as well!

Janine said...

Your placemat is gorgeous! I've not had time for the last two zakka projects. Once a week is a more than it sounds!

Tammy said...

Very nice.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

It looks lovely, and viewing on my phone it looks beautifully simple, but maybe not if you needed glue???

10 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Looks good!
I just joined my very first QAL (Happy Quilting with Melissa). So we will soon see if I can keep up!!

Erica said...

This is really cute, I love the lace!

Karen said...

This looks very pretty and a fabulous picture :)

Carla said...

It's very pretty. Lovely finish.

Heather D. said...

Very nice Patti. Love the Melody Miller bits.

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

That's beautiful!
Carol

Karen said...

A lovely place mat and I am quite taken by the china in your display as well!

Janine said...

Your placemat is gorgeous! I've not had time for the last two zakka projects. Once a week is a more than it sounds!

Tammy said...

Very nice.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

It looks lovely, and viewing on my phone it looks beautifully simple, but maybe not if you needed glue???