Sunday, October 02, 2011

Lint much?

So there I am minding my own business and doing some truly horrible FMQ on my Picket Fences quilt when my machine started squealing. Not a little girl squeal either! A loud, STOP RIGHT NOW kind of squeal. Oh, oh! This is my brand new, only had for 3 months Horizon. What could possible wrong and how did the machine know that my FMQ sucked? You guessed correctly if you took a leap of faith and guessed from the page title-lint! Big old fat chunks of the stuff. Birds were knocking at my window asking for the stuff. Well, actually the birds were crashing into the window and d---ng! Lets not go there. So I took the thing apart and cleaned it all out, and now its purring like a kitten.  However, I'm left to spend hours today unpicking tons of stitches, out of flannel no less!
On a cuter note....I sent a couple of dumpling pouches with my friend K who went to Disneyland with her daughter and family a couple weeks ago. The girls loved the pouches and sent this card to me.
I love it! And look at the kitty Brooke drew! The last time they visited me they only really wanted to see my cats. Nope- the cats took off and hid the whole time. So that is their best memory of visiting me. I'm the lady whose cats wouldn't come out to play!
So....how is your Sunday going?

4 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Great story, and what a cute thank you card!! Kids are the best!

Sana Saroti said...

You made me laugh Patti! Thanks! You really DO love cats, right? ;-) That's cool cause I do too and I wanna adopt one or two when my husband and I finally live together! Good thing there was no bigger problem with you machine!

Collette said...

That is just the sweetest card! Oh you have just reminded me I really need to give my machine a wee bit of TLC as it has been working v hard lately. xxx

Sheila said...

Sure goes to show you that we need to clean those machines :-)Cute card!

4 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Great story, and what a cute thank you card!! Kids are the best!

Sana Saroti said...

You made me laugh Patti! Thanks! You really DO love cats, right? ;-) That's cool cause I do too and I wanna adopt one or two when my husband and I finally live together! Good thing there was no bigger problem with you machine!

Collette said...

That is just the sweetest card! Oh you have just reminded me I really need to give my machine a wee bit of TLC as it has been working v hard lately. xxx

Sheila said...

Sure goes to show you that we need to clean those machines :-)Cute card!