Thursday, October 06, 2011

Lovely October

Fall is upon us and it is such a beautiful time of year. So many amazing colours. It's also a busy time of year. Here in Canada October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and fundraising is well underway.  I donated this quilt to my local Curves for a raffle; proceeds to The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation through the C95 radio marathon.

Monday is also Thanksgiving Day here in Canada! Yummy turkey! I don't even have to do the turkey this year; I'm in charge of pies- apple and pumpkin natch.
Not to be outdone by Sewing Summit,(ha!) there will be a local quilt show later this month! We have a lot of amazing and talented quilters in Saskatchewan, so I can hardly wait to see their work. I will also be able to pick up some Aurifil thread. The only shop here in Saskatchewan who carries it will be there! Yeah!
Finally, because winter is coming, how about some new boot love!

3 comments:

Karen said...

It looks like you have October all tied up. And obviously the boots are a real hit!

Sana Saroti said...

Sorry, i didnt mean to tease you. I am already trying to find something to substitute that ingredient with since I will wanna make this cake in the States, too. Happy Thanksgiving! Seems like every country is celebrating it on a different date.

Martha said...

Love your kitties...have two of my own...came over from Lily's.

3 comments:

Karen said...

It looks like you have October all tied up. And obviously the boots are a real hit!

Sana Saroti said...

Sorry, i didnt mean to tease you. I am already trying to find something to substitute that ingredient with since I will wanna make this cake in the States, too. Happy Thanksgiving! Seems like every country is celebrating it on a different date.

Martha said...

Love your kitties...have two of my own...came over from Lily's.