Friday, November 18, 2011

A Little of This...A Little of That...

Winter is here for sure. It is really cold at -19C, the wind is howling and blowing snow! I haven't left my house for 2 days except to shovel snow.
Yesterday, do I dare admit it?, I didn't even get dressed. Yikes! Instead, I cleaned....
Vacuum and dust and polish etc.......with a little help from Sheriti
Good girl!!!
Then, I decided to reward myself for my good cleaning behaviour...
I have been wanting to make this since I first saw it here -no, not yet!!
I gathered up my yummy fabrics...
Threw them all in a pot...stir...
Stir some more please....
Yup, its ready....


Yes!! It's the Nikki tote and yes, I completely copied it from Kaelin.
I first saw it on Celebrate Color, which she won!
Then Jennifer made one (Sincerest form of flattery).
This was truly very easy to make and the instructions and photos are fantastic. As Jennifer did, I added a zipper pocket and a magnetic closure.
The pattern can be found here.
The outer fabric is Echino (of course). The lining is Lost and Found by My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake. The pockets are Outfoxed by Lizzy House. I simply couldn't resist adding the Outfoxed name to the pocket(in above photo). The top band and handles are black corduroy. The orange/red buttons I got at a local fabric store. Love this bag so much and can hardly wait to start using it.......as soon as it stops snowing and blowing!!

I'm planning to spend the week-end snuggled under a quilt and watching my annual winter marathon of A&E's Pride and Prejudice--all 5-6 hours worth.
 
There may be chocolate involved, but I'm not admitting anything in writing!
Seriously, how could I possibly think this quilt was for me....
Kissa  and Sheriti have claimed it apparently.
One last thing......some delicious fabric arrived this week....LOVE!

Hope everyone has a great week-end.

No comments:

No comments: