Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I've had a busy sewing week, but very productive! I have a finished top and back for the DPQAL.
Drunkard's Path QAL
I have called it Dove Revisited because it is not how the block was designed!! One wrong sewed seam and it took on a life of it's own! It is now basted and waiting for me to figure out how to quilt it!

I am getting an early Christmas present.... a Supreme Slider is on it's way, so I think I'll wait until it arrives before starting to quilt it!
I also finished a new Nikki tote using Ruby Star Spring and Echo.....love these fabrics together!....
I added an extra zipper pocket as well as a magnetic closure. I also made it a bit smaller than the original tote.
Zippered pouches have been really difficult for me.......doing the darned tab ends has had me pulling out me hair!! But I'm making progress......

Finally getting it acceptable for gifting.....my non-sewing Supperclub friends will love them, I'm sure!

I saw this fabulous tute for a block on Sew We Quilt, and I though it might make a great Christmas table runner. I have this collection of Kumari Garden Holiday FQ Bundle that has been waiting around for a year, so I think it would look great in this block.
Better get busy.......after I check out the other links at Freshly Pieced!!

5 comments:

Marsha Cooper said...

I love all the colors together in he bottom picture.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog and love the quilt top finish. Kumari Gardens Holiday is yummy. It is nice to meet you. Kim ^.^

Dee said...

Okay...this post has so much fun stuff in it...the Drunkard's Path quilt is just so dang awesome! It's so indredible...you should do a pattern and the pouches are so pretty...I've been some (not as fancy as yours) and I'm having trouble with the tabs too...lol

@pril said...

Love the bags and the quilt. Great colors. I saw this at WIP. Thanks for sharing.

@pril
KoolBeenz-blog.blogspot.com

@pril said...

Forgot to tell you that I'm your newest follower!

5 comments:

Marsha Cooper said...

I love all the colors together in he bottom picture.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog and love the quilt top finish. Kumari Gardens Holiday is yummy. It is nice to meet you. Kim ^.^

Dee said...

Okay...this post has so much fun stuff in it...the Drunkard's Path quilt is just so dang awesome! It's so indredible...you should do a pattern and the pouches are so pretty...I've been some (not as fancy as yours) and I'm having trouble with the tabs too...lol

@pril said...

Love the bags and the quilt. Great colors. I saw this at WIP. Thanks for sharing.

@pril
KoolBeenz-blog.blogspot.com

@pril said...

Forgot to tell you that I'm your newest follower!