Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm not fooled....

...by the brilliant blue sky out there!
It's still freezing cold here with no relief in sight until Monday.
Big yuk!
So yesterday I decided it was time to try another framed pouch....
Just after Christmas I received my order of new frames, this time with the thingies to add a chain.
I used Lisa Lam's tutorial. I love the ways she sews each flap separately when joining the top sections.
I also used a sew in stabilizer as she suggested, and it worked out really well. I was kinda nervous thinking it would be too bulky, but it was perfect.
Lisa also has great advice for selecting all kinds of stabilizers etc., so check her out if you haven't already.
For fabrics, I used a Lost and Found print by My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake, and the lining is Robert Kaufman Metro Living.
So, without further ado, here it is...


I may have to shorten the chain a bit though....I think it's 120cm.- a bit too long for me.



3 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

Wish I could send you some of our heat.

Pat Merkle said...

Oh, I LOVE you purse. I love the fabric, both inside and out! I so want to try to make one someday!

Bouts Choisis said...

That's a lovely little bag and gorgeous fabric. I am a big fan of Lisa's patterns and Santa brought me her new book at Christmas! I love the different names we all use - you called it a pouch and someone else said purse (which in the UK would be smaller and to keep your change in!) In France of course it's "un petit sac" - but it's lovely whatever we call it!

3 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

Wish I could send you some of our heat.

Pat Merkle said...

Oh, I LOVE you purse. I love the fabric, both inside and out! I so want to try to make one someday!

Bouts Choisis said...

That's a lovely little bag and gorgeous fabric. I am a big fan of Lisa's patterns and Santa brought me her new book at Christmas! I love the different names we all use - you called it a pouch and someone else said purse (which in the UK would be smaller and to keep your change in!) In France of course it's "un petit sac" - but it's lovely whatever we call it!