Wednesday, February 01, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I am really happy to be into February, although Spring is still a long way off for us.
Another week of very little sewing due to this darned pulled back muscle...got some muscle relaxers today and already I feel better. My Doctor wants me to get regular massages!! And go to a Chiropractor! Works for me!
I do have the quilt top for my cousin's new baby almost finished though. I just need to add a border, then piece a back and quilt it. Yay! Photos today are awful...sorry!


While reading blogs yesterday, I came across a really great bag on Jessica Jones blog. It was made by her mum and called The Two Zip Hipster....pattern by Erin Erickson.
I immediately ordered and downloaded it!! So today, I got busy and made one.
It took me all day because I kept making mistakes! All completely my own fault.....the instructions are perfectly clear!!
I used the new linen fabric I just got last week. Hmmm..... does that make it a Stash Buster project!! :-) I'm thinking probably NOT!
I only had a half yard of fabric, so I used Kona black for the straps, and the lining is Sweet Broderie.
I like the pop of colour that the green zippers give it. I could have done a better job lining up the designs, but other than that, I'm really pleased with this little cutie.


My Swoon pattern has arrived, so this week will continue as I tackle it...!
Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for....