Saturday, March 31, 2012

Something went terribly........

Right!!!
Woohoo!
I only made 4 Swoon blocks with the QAL, so I had to decide what to do with them....
On one I am practicing some dense FMQ to make a wall hanging.
Sooo....I thought I'd make a couple of large pillows...
Well, holy crap, I didn't have to rip out anything at all!!!
I even put in an invisible zipper using this tutorial!  
I am so excited, and I love this huge 24" pillow/cushion!
Want to see some photos??
I knew you did...Ha!

 I actually sewed the zipper a little too close to the teeth, but it still worked...
I love the vintage daisy fabric, but didn't have enough for the whole back, so piecing was the next option...
 It looks very comfy on the sofa as well as in a chair...

 Now I have to dash out a buy a couple more large pillow forms that are on sale at 50% off, and I think the sale may possible end today!
Hope they still have some in stock! 

6 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

It looks great!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Very nice !!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Your Swoon pillow is sooo beautiful!! WooHoo! :o) Great job!
xo
Kelli

Heather D. said...

Looks great! Isn't it fun when things go right!?

Annie said...

That block looks awesome and it works so well as a pillow! I hope you were able to get more forms cause it does look like it needs some company.

Sana Saroti said...

Such a great idea to make huge pillows. They do look very comfy! That daisy fabric is real pretty.

6 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

It looks great!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Very nice !!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Your Swoon pillow is sooo beautiful!! WooHoo! :o) Great job!
xo
Kelli

Heather D. said...

Looks great! Isn't it fun when things go right!?

Annie said...

That block looks awesome and it works so well as a pillow! I hope you were able to get more forms cause it does look like it needs some company.

Sana Saroti said...

Such a great idea to make huge pillows. They do look very comfy! That daisy fabric is real pretty.