I wasn't expecting to actually finish this quilt this week, but because I ran out of thread for the quilt I had planned to work on, it turned out to be a happy finish!!
I started this quilt way back in January. In fact it was the first start of the new year!
The fabric is mostly Aunt Grace Circle of Friends 1930's reproduction fabric, and white linen.
The Tallahassee blocks are foundation pieced, and the flower blocks are made with the Drunkard's Path die and a Go!baby cutter.
I didn't have a layout planned, so when I got tired of making blocks, I just stopped....
tossed them up on my design wall...
and pieced them together!
I had an extra Tallahassee block, so I took it apart and put one section in each corner. Very scientific!!
I spent waaay too much time thinking about binding, and in the end I just used white linen!
The finished quilt is 56" x 61".