I haven't posted a WIP for a couple of weeks, so I had to look back at what I had actually done!
More that I thought, it appears!
Sew Out Loud QAL....
Block#10 is designed by Melinda @ Quirky Granola Girl.
A fabulous block to do and used alot of tiny fabric pieces. I didn't embroider the needle but instead used a needle from a package of buttons!
Block #11 designed by Krista Withers.
I love this block, but had the
stupid bright stupid idea to try my hand at writing some text with FMQ!!! Duh!! This is a photo of my second attempt, and I have decided to take it out and just use a whole panel! What was I thinking????
I sure do love those teacups with the spools of thread!
We have only one more block to do before the QAL is finished.
I'm so sad about that.
Loved doing this so much.
My big finish is a quilt called Path to Tallahassee which I started way back at the beginning of January. For this one I used the Tallahassee block(found at quilterscache) which is foundation paper pieced, and the flower block cut with my Go!baby and the Drunkard's Path die.
I love this quilt so much!
I used mostly reproduction 1930's fabric- Aunt Grace Circle of Friends. All the white is linen.
It measures 56" x 63"
The backing is just randomly pieced with leftover fabric.
For the quilting I did straight lines, and just a bit of a leaf design on the sides.
My third completed projects are 2 box pouches using the tutorial by Kaelin @ The Plaid Scottie.
The first one I use a really cute Japanese print and made it an inch wider than the tutorial.
The second one I made quite a bit larger because I want to use it for shampoo etc for traveling.
I also lined it with laminate (a first for me!)
As you can see, it is quite a bit larger because I used a 14" zipper and wanted to use the full length of it!
The laminate was the only pattern available at my LQS!
Not too bad to work with actually. It did seems to stretch a bit as I was sewing! I used a tip from someone, somewhere and put tape on the bottom of the sewing foot. So, there wasn't any sticking. I do wish I had interfaced the Melody Miller fabric with something a bit more substantial than medium weight fusible cotton....maybe fusible fleece would have worked. It seems a bit floppy with the weight of the laminate. However, once it's full of stuff, it won't matter I guess!
My last project to show is partially quilted, as I ran out of thread and had to order more... hate when that happens!!
Patiently waiting in the wings for it's turn to be quilted is Ironwork*okay, that's all folks!
Have fun sewing.