We had a spectacular long week-end for Victoria Day this year. Lots of yard work got done, the mower and BBQ are is working order, the dandelions got fertilized :-(.
I still managed to get some sewing time in too.
Marcelle Medallion has taken over my life and my sewing room!
Fabric scattered everywhere!
I ended up changing out 2 more flying geese due to the red fabric fiasco.
Now, I have added 2 more borders.
I used a collection of Spot On for the brick row, and a really nice New Moon print for the wide border, and a bit of Glimma in the corners.
For the plus row, I'm using Carnaby Street, which was the original inspiration for this quilt!
I did manage to take a few moments out of my quality Marcelle time to do up some bee blocks, mail finished blocks, and finish some charity blocks.
In the Star of Africa bee, I made a paper pieced block for Brinda, and mailed it before I changed my mind and tore it all apart!
It was such a huge block @ 15", that I didn't have enough dark blue to complete it.
I feel bad about this block, but it took me hours and hours to paper piece , so I decided to send it as is and offer a sincere apology!
For our Happiness Circle @ dGS, Chelsea is doing a huge patchwork heart surrounded by low volume blocks. It is going to be absolutely spectacular!
As I don't have a large stash of pink/red fabrics, I got to do both blocks in the low volume background.
By the way, is the new Flickr format freaking anybody else out!!
I don't like change people!!
First Google Reader, and now this! :-)
I'm really loving the Simply Solids bee on Flickr, and for May, Shena sent us a tutorial for an Alberta Star.
I love this block, and so many different colour combinations are showing up.
I took the brighter is better route!
Finally, our Saskatoon MQG decided to piece together a couple of quilts for charity using a bundle of Snap Pop that I was fortunate to win.
We chopped up the 36 FQ's and divided it amongst those who wanted to participate.
We could do any 12" blocks we wanted!
I did 4 blocks and used some of my own solids.
This last block served a double purpose!
I'm planning to use this Rolling Stone block when my turn comes up in August for the Simply Solids bee. so I thought this would be a good time to test out the construction!
I'm quite happy with, my wonky colours aside!
Well, that's a catch up (mostly for myself!) on what I have been working on the last few weeks!
Now, back to Marcelle!