I having the best time working on the Marcelle Medallion, to the exclusion of almost everything else!
Well, I did manage to clean windows this week-end, but that's about it!
I almost made a huge mistake with Marcelle that would have made me absolutely nuts...
I didn't even notice it in the photo...
do you see it??
it wasn't until I was adding the next border that I realized that one row of triangles was going in the wrong direction!!
When I looked at the pattern, it turns out that the one that looked wrong, was the only one that was right!
So, a dilemma.....
do I change the one row, or change 3 rows.
Well, I never coloured outside the lines as a child either, so I ripped out the 3 rows and turned them around! :-)
Then I spent way too much time deciding on the fabric for the third border, before just going with the Hope Valley.
I pulled out all of my text fabric to do the flying geese, and I love how it looks!
For the background I use Kona flesh, which has a slight pink tone to it.
I didn't even plan that one!
on to the next round......