Thursday, September 01, 2011

Fresh Sewing Day

It's Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts and I finally have a couple of projects to show. Nothing is finished! I'm just so pokey! I'm also very jealous when I see how productive others are. Yikes!
 So these are the only blocks I've done of the hexing along block from Freshly Pieced. I'm calling it Can You See Me Now. I'm planning to put the frog eyes in every block. I know, I know...really goofy! It's taking me forever to do these. I'm having a really hard time with fabric choices. I think I'm trying too hard to incorporate too many different fabrics!
So I've taken a break from it and started my Come Fly With Me quilt using hst's cut with my new Go! baby. The cutting is amazingly fast and accurate. Ironing is a bit of a challenge as the shot cotton is quite a lightweight fabric. I ran out of the Timeless Treasures Crosshatch-completely undercalculated ! So while I wait for more fabric, I'm just playing around with layout. Not sure how I want the direction to go; maybe sashing;not sure about size either! I have alot of shot cotton, so i might make it a bed quilt.
My third project is the only one I completed! And only because it's a small table mat! Friends of mine love wine and buy some of their stash from a great winery in B.C. called Herder. It's on the pricey side (compared to the homemade stuff they get at my house!) so it's a bit of a running gag if we are Herder Worthy or not! This bottle fabric was such a great find and really inspired the whole thing. I am planning to make a few coasters as well. So that was my month of August in a nutshell.
Check in over at Lynne's site for more Fresh Sewing Day posts.

2 comments:

quirky granola girl said...

i love those hexing along blocks. it is on my long list of blocks to try :)

Cindy Sharp said...

That bottle fabric is fantastic. It would look great in a "stack n whack" type block,

Your geese are gorgeous.

2 comments:

quirky granola girl said...

i love those hexing along blocks. it is on my long list of blocks to try :)

Cindy Sharp said...

That bottle fabric is fantastic. It would look great in a "stack n whack" type block,

Your geese are gorgeous.