Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Whole Lotta Frogging....rip-it, rip-it!

I don't know why I do this to myself! My first paper piecing attempt and I just had to choose one with a gazillion little pieces. But it was just too cute to resist!
I got the pattern from Kirie at Shape Moth.
I also appear to directionally challenged! Every time  I was sure that I cut the fabric large enough, I didn't. Or when I folded it back on the stitch line, there wasn't enough fabric for seam allowance. So darn frustrating! After multiple ripping sessions, I finally cut huge chunks of fabric that could have covered the whole block-well, at least that worked. I had to stop after 4 hours and only a few pieces sewn.The good news is that I haven't sewn the fabric on backwards-yet! Then again, I'm using mostly solids! I will conquer this! I will conquer this! Start again tomorrow with more determination.

2 comments:

Rebecca Lynne said...

Oh man! I've been trying to sit down and do some paper piecing...but I think I'm going to wait until you have some pointers Patti! Then il learn from you the best way! So, until then, good luck!?!!

Ella said...

You can do it! I did my first paper piecing this summer. (I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but I ended up asking the rest of my bee to learn to make blocks, too.) Good luck!

2 comments:

Rebecca Lynne said...

Oh man! I've been trying to sit down and do some paper piecing...but I think I'm going to wait until you have some pointers Patti! Then il learn from you the best way! So, until then, good luck!?!!

Ella said...

You can do it! I did my first paper piecing this summer. (I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but I ended up asking the rest of my bee to learn to make blocks, too.) Good luck!